Thursday, August 18, 2011

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours... :)

Hey Hey y'all,

    So today when I got home from the courthouse I was blessed to read the email that I've been holding my breath for. "The Consulate General of Spain in Los Angeles Appointment Visa Process Notification" I eagerly clicked on the link and awaited for the message that was inside. There waiting for me were the magic words that I'd hoped for 

Status- Completed
Visa- APPROVED!

      A breath of fresh air. My visa appointment was on Friday, and 6 days later I am getting the okay. The only thing left to do now is to get at the mailman til  he gives me my goods. This is definitely a giant weight off of my shoulders, and it makes things just that much closer to being real. 

      Next step with visa in hand is buying a plane ticket, and putting a date on this adventure so I can start one of my famous countdowns. The difference this time is it's not "200 days til I turn 21" or "112 days til the end of the semester" or "74 days til Puerto Rico" or "55 days til graduation." This countdown is going but much more short lived, more like 20-ish days (CRAZY!)

In other news...

       Today I finished my goal of completing 100 hours at the Self-Help Center. It's kind of a bittersweet moment, because on the one hand, I am going to miss being there. There are a select few of people that I'm glad I've had the opportunity to meet (and those who know me, know I'm always networking). On the other hand, it's going to be kind of nice to just have a few days with no responsibility of waking up and driving somewhere, to make it on time to somewhere, to not have someone be impatient with you because they had a different idea of what the process is for court paperwork. Also, with all of my economic woes that are bound to come in the near future, not having to spend gas or lunch money helps. I've learned a lot in those 100 hours, giving me a little more insight, a little more to think about as I try to decide if I really want to pursue law school. 

Well that is all for now. Thank you for reading. It's always appreciated.
Much love, 

Cat <3

No comments:

Post a Comment