Saturday, November 19, 2011

First the Worst, Second the Best

Hey Hey all,

   It has been a good couple of days. Poquito a poco getting used to what is life in Spain and the (mis)adventures that come along with it. 

The title of this blog comes from a few different things. The first, it comes from a saying that we used to say all the time in elementary school when it came to places (Zero the Hero, First-the worst, second-the best, third- the nerd...etc), and given the trivial things I've been dealing with at school (16 year old boys throwing around a tampon with red marker around my classroom)...I figured it works.

Yes, I played poker with William Hung
Second, (the best lol)- My roommates have created this poker tournament between their friends that is going to go on for a few months and have a grand prize at the end. Well last night was one of the games, and I ended up with second place! Yeah, I didn't take home the green, but it increases my standing for the final. For those of you who don't know, as far as poker goes, I'm kind of a big deal (jajaj just kidding) but really, I've been around poker my whole life, so along the way I've picked up a few things. I actually was the first female to place in the semester poker championship at CSUN.  So I this whole tournament thing is a good thing for me because I get to have some fun, while getting a chance to make some money, AND meeting more people here in Spain. 
     So last night, during the tournament Jaime, Natasha, and Matt (part of my auxiliar circle) came over to "observe" the game, but what really ended up happening is that they mingled with other friends of my roommates (since I was tied up with the game and all). And when it was all said and done, people were more excited that I made it to second place than the actual winner lol. 

At the Beginning of the Game
    Then Matt said something to me that really brightened my day, he told me "You look so happy, compared to before" And that brings me to the third reason for choosing this blog title... I really am a lot happier than I was a few weeks ago, as you can tell if you've been following my posts. So as I'm continuing to confirm day by day, I had to go through the first piso (the worst) to get to the second (the best). 

Another good note, one of the teachers at my school gave me the number to Legal Aid in Madrid, so I have an appointment to see a lawyer at the beginning of December to see what I can do to get my deposit back. So I'll Keep you all posted..

Once again thanks for reading!! Until Next time,

Ciao <3,
Cathy

My Trophy from the CSUN tournament

5 comments:

  1. Aww hurray!!! lol isnt that something looks like poker is your calling ;) i keep you in my thoughts prima i hope everything gets resolved and i hope you end that chapter for good cuz you deserve it<33333 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yyeeaaaay Cathy!!!!!!! Finally some sunshine at the end of that tunnel. I'm so glad things are taking a turn for you. I've been keeping up on you blogs and felt horrible for you! Have Fun! Enjoy yourself! Explore! Hermana <3 Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Yes, I played poker with William Hung'

    LMAO!! I needed that. I played poker today too! At 'thanksgiving'. Wish I could play cards more often but I can't play for money, I'd be broke! I'm more of a spades player. Wish I could get some people together to play. I wish I lived in Madrid =( Glad to hear you're feeling más animada!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this font makes exclamation points look like l's. I was sure I didn't type tool. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. There I fixed it, I had noticed that too, but had been too lazy or kept forgetting to do anything before. Happy Exclaiming!!! lol

    ReplyDelete