Saturday, August 28, 2010

I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss...and a prince I'm hoping comes with it...

Hey Everyone!

So I've survived the first week of classes for my last year of undergrad. It's gonna take some getting used to getting up earlier since I'm not living on campus any more, and I have to take the bus, but it's not that bad in time I'll be a pro. I definitely have a full plate this semester, and a few bumps in the road already, but I have to keep my eye on the prize, in May I'll have my B.A. and be ready (or sorta ready) to take on the world!

As far as the title of this blog, it was the inspiration for pretty much the topic of this entry. The past two nights I have succumbed to watching first "The Wedding Date" and then "Enchanted," and although these movies are really cute, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness at the end when they walk off into the sunset with their happily ever after, cause it reminds me that I'm without a duet.

Now, I know what you're thinking... "You don't need anyone"..."You're still in school, its better that you're single"..."You're young just have fun, don't worry about those things"..and any other phrase in the same vicinity. And the truth is I find myself saying these phrases to myself whenever that shadow of loneliness is following me.

I am aware of the fact that I have so many dreams and aspirations that are yet to be accomplished, and sharing my life with someone may mean a block in the road for those dreams to come to life. I also know that I am super busy and a relationship right now is pretty out of the question because in order for it to have a chance to be successful time needs to be put into that relationship for it to grow.

All of these thoughts are my brain saying "Cathy be logical, now is not the right time for a boyfriend, keep your eye on the prize." My heart seems to have a different plan though, human nature is taking over and making my heart year for companionship, it wants to have someone to call and say goodnight to, to have someone to hold hands with, to have someone and feel a deeper connection.

But alas, here I am alone writing this blog on a Saturday night. For over a year I have not really bothered with any romantic type relationships, but now I think my heart is noticing and really getting to the point where it's sort of like "Cathy you're overdue, time for a date" lol

So I don't know where the next few months (or years) will lead on this subject, I know I have to be patient, and it will come at the time is right, but somebody tell my heart that on those quiet nights... I'm sure I haven't seen my last romantic comedy, but I think maybe next time we'll try to pick something with action.

Thanks for reading, Comments are always appreciated :)

~Cat

Rosemary Clooney- But Not For Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEICfneRF0

No comments:

Post a Comment