Monday, August 23, 2010

Mi Epiphany :)

Hey hey :)

The school year has started, and I'm back grounded in the 818. As I was getting ready this morning, putting mousse in my much too long (but I want to grow it longer) hair so that it would be more on the "curly" side instead of the "poofy" side, I had an epiphany. I am going to write a book :) I was day dreaming back to when I went to the Latina History Day Conference as a Latina to Watch honoree, and I was thinking of one of the many great women I met that day, Michele Serros. She is a Latina author, who has traveled on many paths of life, but despite all of the people who told her she was crazy with all her big dreams, she's an established author, and wonderful motivational speaker. At that conference I bought her book How to Be A Chicana Role Model (pictured below)





In this book, the stories were so funny I read the book every chance I got (In between all of hard core text books I was reading for school of course ;) ) As I read, I felt that the tone that Michele uses, would be the same way I would tell a story, or react to a certain situation.

So with all of this floating through my mind this morning, it came to me, if Michele Serros can write a book, then so can I, and who knows maybe one day we'll be sharing our books together at some conference.

I've come up with a great title and tag line that I'm going to with hold for now (I know I'm mean, but I'd rather go into it in a little more detail in a later blog), but I'm really excited about this new can of worms I opened up today.

I still plan on being a great inspirational teacher/professor someday, as well as a part time successful stand up comedienne, along with several other aspiration that my heart has called me to.

Well thanks for reading :) Remember comments are always appreciated <3

~Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment