Saturday, February 5, 2011

Many things change...but somethings just stay the same...

Hey Hey all,

Since I cannot bring myself to be productive tonight I shall do something sort of productive for myself in keeping up (or atleast more so than usual) with my blog. So we already knocked out 2 weeks of the semester. (Krazy!) It seems like the million dollar word for this semester is CAPSTONE (I know, it's my last semester, so it's appropriate...blah blah blah lol) Capstone as in--15 page thesis to receive my Spanish Degree, 10 page capstone paper in children's literature and geography capstone class for my liberal studies degree, all of that on top of a FRIDAY (super lame) 3 hour geography class, a 10 page paper with annotated bibliography for Central American Studies, and a 30 minute group presentation, where my group members aren't even the slightest bit interested in the topic or the Chicano Studies class for that matter. Don't take my mini-rant as a way of discontent with what is to come. I am actually enjoying this semester a lot. I think the cherry on top for me has been my improv class. Even though it is 6 hours a week, I just get to go there and be funny, and mingle with people who I otherwise wouldn't have. I think by the end of the semester I shall be a much better improver and who knows maybe that will be the reason you'll see my name in lights one day...lol or atleast in the program for our final show (May 18, 2011 @ 6 pm).
It never seems to fail that at the beginning of the semester, I have super high hopes of keeping up with everything so that I can keep myself relatively stress free thought the course of the semester, and at a certain point (some semesters earlier than others) all of that optimism goes out the window because it is smacked upside the head with reality. Procrastination (a good friend of mine) sets in until about 3 weeks before school is over then near stress breakdown until the end, only to find that I did pretty well. At Week 2, I am trying really hard not to fall into that pattern, but seeing my to-do list at the end of each day and the time of day that is left, can at times be discouraging. I'll hold on as long as I can especially since I plan at being at the library so much they'll probably start charging me rent :P

A hard part of being so busy with school (and 70 miles from home) is that the time I have with my family between winter and summer is very minimal. In fact before coming back to the valley on my dad's birthday, we went out to Olive Garden, and I picked up the tab and said Happy Birthday to my Dad, my Mom, and my sister Lilly, because I knew I wasn't going to get to see them before their birthday's passed. Speaking of birthday, what makes this "not being able to see my family really" phase a bit harder is that I just had a baby cousin born and it makes me a little sad that I am not there to bask in the whole newborn atmosphere that is going on with the fam. I know he's not going to remember that I didn't meet him til he was 2 months old, but I am. Well, after my graduation (MAY 25, 2011 lol) I'll have some solid time con la familia.

Since 2011 is the year of changes, it was a time for a look change too!!

Before




After



I miss the long locks some times, but soon enough I'll have them again. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Thank you if you've made it this far down my blog, Comments are always appreciated :)

<3 Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment